Sunday, 24 February 2008

New skis

After a hard season tree planting, my skis had seen better days. The edges are rounded, blown and depressed. If you could see the state of my bases you would be depressed also. The shock absorbers were leaking their fluids and my bindings are starting to strip their screws.
My skis had had a good life, but it was time for them to retire. I had been enquiring around the shops about prices for the type of skis I wanted and in general putting off the outlay of a large wad of money (those who know me will know I don’t like that much either). Then I stumbled across the perfect buy. They are ex-rental touring skis which come with skins. Being touring skis they weren’t rented out much so are in good nic. All for only 300 euro, super! (Would be 1000 euro new) Now if only I could get out of the hotel onto them…

No comments: