So, the day has finally arrived - we're off to South Africa for the World Cup!! The excitement (and nervousness) has also finally kicked in... It's somewhere that I've grown up hearing about and have always wanted to visit - and while to go at a time like this is admittedly a bit crazy and full-on, it's going to be AWESOME. I can just feel it.
Here's the map of our trip (click on it or the link in blue underneath to explore!):
View South Africa 2010 in a larger map
We'll try and keep up the posts - maybe not photos depending on the security of the internet cafes - but a few words at least. I've got a first stop in Singapore (somewhere I've also never been) so will see what I can tell you about that.
(Oh, and Bafana Bafana translates to 'The Boys, The Boys' and is the colloquial name for the South African football team - they drew 1 all with Mexico last night so here's hoping they can improve their form. We're hoping for a New Zealand vs South Africa final doncha know?!)
Here's the map of our trip (click on it or the link in blue underneath to explore!):
View South Africa 2010 in a larger map
We'll try and keep up the posts - maybe not photos depending on the security of the internet cafes - but a few words at least. I've got a first stop in Singapore (somewhere I've also never been) so will see what I can tell you about that.
(Oh, and Bafana Bafana translates to 'The Boys, The Boys' and is the colloquial name for the South African football team - they drew 1 all with Mexico last night so here's hoping they can improve their form. We're hoping for a New Zealand vs South Africa final doncha know?!)
No comments:
Post a Comment