Adrian's brother and his family recently moved back to NZ (and stayed with us for a few nights before they left - I'm going to miss having this little cutie blow kisses to me when I leave the room). Moving out of a flat inevitably means some left over food, and these guys were particularly well stocked in the baking and spices departments.
One of the things they had a lot of was ground almonds, and having some spare egg whites left over in the fridge after having made a dressing using egg yolks for a potato salad just a few days before, I had a look online for something I could make. Hence Amaretti biscuits!
I adapted this recipe a bit by reducing it to only one cup of sugar and substituting the almond extract for vanilla extract, as well as taking one of the recommendations in the review section to chill the dough a bit before baking and making them quite small. And they came out perfectly! Such a simple (and yummy) recipe - I'd definitely make it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment