Monday, 7 December 2015

Beeeen busy baking

I must be missing my bees because when I found out we were having a charity bake-off at work, this cake was the first thing that came to mind:



What do you think? It's a chocolate honey cake by Nigella Lawson (original recipe in metric here, with some modifications from here (extra ingredients and swapping up a honey glaze for a chocolate ganache) that I also followed). It's rich and delicious - and super easy to make with everything just getting whizzed up all at once in a food processor. Now, while the marzipan bees might take a little longer, they're still pretty simple and look pretty good if I do say so myself!

Sadly I wasn't the bake-off winner - I got pipped by someone who made a Barbie Christmas fairy cake (her skirt is cake and her bodice etc. is all icing). Can't compete with that! But I had a lot of fun making my bee cake and will definitely pull it out again should be occasion arise!


No comments: